SEC: Student Safety Dispatcher (S9740B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Safety Dispatcher receives Safewalk and Saferide requests via telephone and radio. He or she dispatches and directs Safewalkers or Saferide vehicles as appropriate, and forwards inappropriate calls to Security Communications Officer. He or she relays other Security issues to the Security Communications Officer. The Dispatcher maintains the call log and monitors log times to help ensure safety of Safewalkers and Saferiders. The Dispatcher also assists the Coordinators, Supervisor, Security Officers, and Security Communications Officer as necessary. He or she is responsible for maintaining confidentiality.
The Safety Dispatcher must be able to work well with all types of people and must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
The Safety Dispatcher must be able to perform the tasks required by the position. He or she must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly, and understand the English language and speak it clearly in person and in two-way radio and telephone communications. Finally, the student must be able to work efficiently with constant interruptions and sit for extended periods of time.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Answers calls for service
- Determines if call requests fall within the program guidelines and forwards calls to the Communications Officer if they do not.
- Dispatches information to Safewalkers or Saferide Drivers appropriately.
- Accurately logs calls, messages, and other communications in a timely manner.
- Operates the two-way radio and follows FCC guidelines with regard to radio communication.
- Checks on the status of students regularly to ensure safety and contacts the Coordinator and Security Communications Officer immediately if no contact is made.
- Carries out orders from Coordinators, Supervisor, Communications and Security Officers.
- Trains new Dispatchers.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below