HR: SEO Human Relations Assistant (S9961B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Student Employment Office (SEO) is the bridge between students and employers. SEO is responsible for preparing and assisting students who are looking for employment while at Bates; additionally, SEO ensures that employer needs are fulfilled.
The Human Relations Assistant is responsible for building the SEO’s relationship with students and supervisors. The Assistant is extremely active in communicating with people on and off campus. The Human Relations Assistant investigates the needs of students and employers and encourages them to express their concerns and desires for student employment. The Assistant reaches this goal by constant interaction through interviews, surveys, facebook, newsletters, and other methods of communication. The Assistant will analyze feedback and provide reports for the SEO Coordinator and Operations Assistant to implement changes better serving the needs of students and employers.
EDUCATION: Must have completed at least one year at Bates.
EXPERIENCE: Must have strong organizational skills, a desire to learn, and and a willingness to collaborate with others. Must be extremely sociable and familiar with Facebook.
EXPERIENCE: Some experience journaling or newspaper editing. Familiarity with WordPress and Microsoft Access. Has conducted surveys and interviews in the past. Enjoys taking pictures.
Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts Interviews and takes photos of Student Workers at work, assisted by the SEO Assistant
- Arranges and posts interviews and photos on the SEO Facebook Page, Website, and Newsletter
- Creates and conducts surveys gathering feedback from students and supervisors about Student Employment services
- Analyses all feedback and data
- Identifies primary needs of students and supervisors
- Provides analysis report to the SEO Coordinator and Operations Assistant
- Uses WordPress, Database Systems, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, Email, and Facebook, for processing Student Positions
- Assists Students in completing tax and banking forms
- Communicates and responds to students, parents, and employers at the office and via email, phone, and facebook.
- Collaborates closely with the SEO Coordinator, Operations Assistant, SEO Assistant, and Payroll Staff
How to Apply:
Click on the link below