HR: SEO Operations Assistant (S9960B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Student Employment Office (SEO) is the bridge between students and employers. SEO is responsible for preparing and assisting students who are looking for employment while at Bates; additionally, SEO ensures that employer needs are fulfilled.
The SEO Operations Assistant is responsible for aiding the SEO Coordinator in managing fundamental Student Employment Office operations. The Assistant ensures that on and off campus position requests are processed efficiently and that students are guided through the student employment process. The Operations Assistant reviews reports by the Human Relations Assistant, decides with the SEO Coordinator on appropriate solutions, and implements changes on the SEO website, facebook page, newsletter, and other relevant areas.
EDUCATION: Must have completed at least one year at Bates
EXPERIENCE: Must have strong organizational skills, a desire to learn, and a willingness to collaborate with others. Must be familiar with basic website and database design. Must know how to use Micosoft Office software (Word, Excel, Publisher).
EXPERIENCE: Familiarity with WordPress and Microsoft Access. Should have good people skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures the website is providing up-to-date information
- Makes changes to the website when necessary
- Manages SEO weekly newsletter
- Reviews Analysis Report provided by Human Relations Assistant
- Determines Possible solutions based on Analysis Report
- Decides and Implements solutions in collaboration with SEO Coordinator
- Uses WordPress, Database Systems, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, Email, and Facebook, for processing Student Positions
- Posts positions and relays important information through email, the SEO website, and facebook, on a regular basis
- Assists Students in completing tax and banking forms
- Communicates and responds to students, parents, and employers in the office via email, phone, and facebook.
- Collaborates closely with the SEO Coordinator, Relations Assistant, SEO Assistant, and Payroll Staff
How to Apply: