ADM: Social Media Intern (S9603B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Coordinator is responsible for recruiting strong academic and community-minded prospective Bates students who are well informed about the culture, dynamic, tenor, and expectations of Bates College. Coordinator will be in-field ambassadors for the Office of Admission, providing for our audiences a candid, insightful, and genuine look at the Bates experience through the use of social media platforms such as Twitter, tumblr, Facebook, and Instagram. Coordinator will also liaise with fellow Coordinators to identify Communications/Marketing needs for office-wide initiatives, and will work to build a social network across campus by connecting with fellow students.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Work with Deans/Counselors to create an effective Social Media strategy
- Document Bates experience through social media by uploading content from day to day experiences on campus.
- Work with fellow Coordinators to identify needs for events/experiences.
- Build active social community by working with current and prospective students.
- Support content creation for a variety of streams (email, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snap Chat, etc).
- Consult on Marketing and Communications projects
- Post 10-20 tweets a week on a personal Twitter account created for this position.
- Submit photo and video content a few times a week to Deans/Counselors.
- Respond to any prospective students who communicate with you through social platforms.
- Continue to tweet and submit content during summer, breaks, and while abroad