Sustainable Bates: Sustainability Assistant ()
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
This person may assist the Environmental Coordinator with outreach to the campus community about specific environmental programs, projects, events and practices. He or she may assist with projects such as improving the recycling program, organizing events and competitions, conducting research, collecting data, completing energy and waste analyses, updating the environmental webpage, and/or a variety of other environmental activities.
The Sustainability Assistant must be able to do unsupervised work responsibly. He or she must have good communication with the supervisor about the status of work that has been assigned (planning, progress, and completion). He or she must have strong communication skills, and must be knowledgeable about how to reserve spaces for meetings/events on campus and how to submit information for inclusion in campus communications.
The sustainability assistant should be familiar with Microsoft Publisher and/or In-Design. He or she should also have knowledge of environmental/sustainability issues and knowledge of webpage design/editing.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Designing and posting fliers and posters
- Writing articles for the student newspaper and/or a sustainability newsletter
- Email communications
- Advertising in the Bates Daily
- Presentations to student clubs and organizations
- Meetings with students and relevant staff
- Creative/artistic displays
- Other means of outreach as necessary
- Organizing events
- Conducting research/environmental analyses
- Improving the visibility of sustainability programs (e.g. painting mug bins to look like mugs)
- Conducting building/energy audits
- Developing and delivering educational programs about sustainable practices
- Other tasks as necessary
How to Apply:
Click on the link below