THE: Assistant Designer (S9729B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Assistant Designer provides general assistance for other theater workers. He or she often works with the Set Designer and Prop Master.The Assistant Designer must have a love of the Theater and commitment to all aspects of the project/play.
Having a valid driver’s license is required of an Assistant Designer. It is also desired that the Assistant Director is familiar with scene design and has good drafting skills.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Reads script and creates scene breakdowns
- Compiles research for set design
- Acts as a liaison with the Scene Shop when the Designer is unavailable
- Compiles scenic information to other production areas
- Pulls rehearsal props with the Props Master as necessary
- Finds props (with the Props Master) as necessary and manages their return
- Facilitates swatching and shopping for Set Dressing
- Builds a white model of the set when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Designer
How to Apply: