THE: Box Office Staff (S9719B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
This student will run the Box Office and ensure that it functions properly.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Run the Box Office
- Handle large amounts of cash responsibly
- Perform proper accounting
- Ticket organizations, reservations, and distribution
- Crowd control and audience relations
- Cleaning of the House following each performance
- Supervise the Ushers
Supervisor: Vicki Toppses
Office Location: 130 Schaeffer
Pay Grade: B
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
The worker must be a Bates Student and it is desired that he or she has had past experience with box office operations, ticketing procedures, etc.
Reports to Technical Director and House Manager and supervises student Ushers. Also, works closely with Technical Director, Ushers, other Box Office Staff, Stage Managers, and House Manager.
The employee works mostly in the Box Office, theaters, and other college venues and frequently uses office equipment.