THE: First Hand Stitcher (S9716B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The First Hand Stitcher assists Costume Manager and Costume Designer in the creation of costumes and scenic soft goods for productions in both Theater and Dance. He or she also supervises the Costume Stitchers on basic sewing tasks.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Cuts and sews fabric based on instructions of the Costume Manager or Costume Designer
- Supervises and instructs Costume Stitchers
- Attends fittings to assist and take notes for Costume Manger or Designer when needed
- Prepares alterations or construction projects for Costume Stitchers
- Performs other duties as assigned by Costume Manager or Costume Designer
- Works with student choreographers to help locate existing dance costumes from Costume Stock
- Stays for rehearsals/performances to serve as Wardrobe Crew
- Takes responsibility for the maintenance of costumes during the production period, including repairs, laundry, etc.