PowerPoint Poster Printing Tips
If you will be creating a poster to print to the HP Z6200ps printer from PowerPoint, please use these guidelines to ensure your poster will print at the appropriate size and quality.
You will need to determine the size of the poster for PowerPoint to work with BEFORE you start adding information to the file. Typically page set-up should be 36 inches by 48 inches.
1) Launch PowerPoint and under file, select PAGE SETUP
2) In landscape slide orientation, input the Width and Height of the poster you wish to create, ie: 36”h X ” 48″w.
3) Leave a 0.5” margin on the poster for printing purposes. Do not insert images flush with the edge of the poster- or they may be cut off.
4) When choosing a background, the best option is to insert an auto shape (square) select a fill color and “send to the back” to function as a background. Remember, while gradients look nice on the screen, they rarely print out as nice. If at all possible, try to avoid gradients or reduced opacity/transparent images.
5) Be sure that your text and image boxes fit their content – you don’t want a box that is too small or too large because the printer “reads” the out limits of the box before it “reads” the content inside.
6) Check your poster for extraneous boxes that may be hidden and delete them. You can do this by using “Select All” to find the unnecessary boxes.
7) For images, use high resolution images and be careful with ‘stretching’ them larger.