Hathorn Hall, completed in 1857, is Bates’ first building and the campus’ most notable landmark. It is named for Seth and Mary Hathorn of Woolwich, whose several donations made its construction possible. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Hathorn is home to the foreign-language and mathematics departments. The building features a new multimedia computer lab for language instruction and another new computer lab used for math and computer science courses.
Hathorn Hall, Bates’ oldest building, is one of 21 Lewiston locations on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 3 Andrews Road
- Built 1856
- 21,000 square feet