L/A Excels and computing labs
- 42 Campus Avenue
- Built 1902
- 12,000 square feet
Coram Library served as the College’s main library until the opening of Ladd Library in 1973. It now houses the offices for L/A Excels, a community-based strategic alliance for the cities of Lewiston and Auburn, and the Imaging and Computing Center.
Coram Library was designed by New York architect Henry Herts. Herts, working with his partner, Hugh
Tallant, also designed several Broadway theaters around Times Square between 1900 and 1910, including the New Amsterdam Theatre (1903) and the Lyceum Theatre (1905). Herts also designed the Brooklyn Academy of Music (1908).