George Mitchell to deliver ‘Open to the World’ keynote address
George Mitchell, the former U.S. senator who served as President Obama’s special envoy for Middle East peace until last spring, will deliver the keynote address that culminates Open to the World: Bates Celebrates Unbounded Learning, the Oct. 24-28 series of events celebrating international and interdisciplinary education at Bates and the dedication of Hedge and Roger Williams halls, reopened this fall after major renovations.
The week’s speakers also include Gary Hirshberg P’13, “CE-Yo” of yogurt maker Stonyfield Farm, and Paul Marks ’83, chairman and CEO of the aerospace materials maker Argosy International Inc. Read more.
- Project for Peace award goes to Tatro, Schriger for humanitarian work in Rwanda
- Slideshow: 12 student offerings from the 2014 Barlow off-campus photo exhibition
- Innovative techniques — and a faculty couple — mark film about family by Saddlemire ’05
- Trustee Lisa Barry ’77 brings deep experience in international government relations
- Watson Fellows to explore marine algae industry, donation of body parts