George Mitchell to deliver ‘Open to the World’ keynote address
George Mitchell, the former U.S. senator who served as President Obama’s special envoy for Middle East peace until last spring, will deliver the keynote address that culminates Open to the World: Bates Celebrates Unbounded Learning, the Oct. 24-28 series of events celebrating international and interdisciplinary education at Bates and the dedication of Hedge and Roger Williams halls, reopened this fall after major renovations.
The week’s speakers also include Gary Hirshberg P’13, “CE-Yo” of yogurt maker Stonyfield Farm, and Paul Marks ’83, chairman and CEO of the aerospace materials maker Argosy International Inc. Read more.
- Finals week Instagram photo contest draws 150-plus entries (vote now!)
- As the Jan. 1 deadline nears, the Bates admission team offers advice to apply
- Southern Maine’s TideSmart Radio interviews President Spencer
- ‘Intricate Glances’: Dance, anthropology meet here
- ‘Intricate Glances’ in a senior thesis dance piece