Hedge and Roger Williams Project Overview
- strengthened the college’s intertwined academic and social culture and international perspective;
- supported high standards for sustainability and energy efficiency;
- and continued the stunning redefinition of the central Bates campus.
Begun in March 2010, the Hedge / Roger Williams project is the fourth and final undertaking of Phase I of the Campus Facilities Master Plan, which also produced the 280 College Street residence, Alumni Walk and New Commons.
The project also represents a significant act of historic and architectural preservation: Hedge and Roger Williams both help to tell the important early history of Bates. Read more.
- ‘Intricate Glances’: Dance, anthropology meet here
- ‘Intricate Glances’ in a senior thesis dance piece
- Annual Service of Lessons and Carols takes place Dec. 8
- Bates-directed climate project in Shetland Islands wins environmental award
- Bangor Daily News profiles backcountry ski series creator Ben Leoni ’05