June 13 COVID-19 Policy Updates
What a remarkable start to the summer, with an amazing graduation weekend, and not one but two alumni reunions! Thank you to all the staff who made it possible by working long hours and managing changes on the fly in order to create an outstanding experience for all participants.
As we move into the summer, we would like to call your attention to the following changes to the college’s COVID-19 policies.
- Effective today, June 13, Bates will return to mask-optional in indoor and outdoor campus spaces for all employees. I would like to remind you that members of our community may choose to wear a mask at any time based on their own level of comfort, personal medical status, family medical status, or personal risk.
- When Commons opens next week, Bates-hosted visitors on college business may eat in Commons in the main dining room with their Bates host as long as the visitor is fully vaccinated and boosted or can show proof of a negative test within the past 48 hours. Please review our current visitor policies for additional visitor information.
- Effective July 1, the pandemic sick bank will be revised to 80 hours per employee who are symptomatic COVID-positive. Additional information may be found here.
- The college is no longer providing asymptomatic testing of employees, nor requiring testing for any employee. Employees who are traveling for college business may request an Abbott BINAX-NOW over-the-counter test kit to enable travelers to test before and after travel per CDC guidance. Tests for business-related travelers may be found at the Human Resources office at 215 College Street. Free tests are available from the government to be sent to your home; please see here for more information.
- Domestic travel for college business is at the discretion of the manager. International travel must be reviewed and approved by the relevant Vice President and will only be approved in exceptional circumstances.
Please see the Human Resources website for a comprehensive set of COVID policies.
As ever, thank you for all you do for Bates. I hope that you all will be able to get some well-deserved rest and relaxation this summer.