Read: Out Loud is text-to-speech software that is available for download by any Bates Student. Read: Out Loud helps you comprehend your eBooks and websites because it reads them to you aloud. Simply choose where you want to start reading and press speak. Study tools, like highlighters and notes will help you comprehend your reading and prepare for the test.
Instructions for importing a file:
- The program can only read files in PDF format, so you may need to convert a Word document, for example, to PDF format before importing.
- Click on the second icon from the left in the toolbar (looks like a paper with a red “e”).
- Open a PDF (that is not a scanned image*). Put the cursor where you want to start in the text and click the speaker icon (9th from the left).
*Note: The program will not be able to read scanned image PDFs. If you run into this issue, please contact email@example.com and we can help you convert it to something that will work with Read: OutLoud.
Here are some examples of what you will find:
- How to add a note to your outline in Read:OutLoud 6
- How to use electronic bookmarking with your outline in Read:OutLoud 6
- How to capture key ideas for your outline in Read:OutLoud
- How to change the toolbar in Read:OutLoud 6