Bates Admission Visitor Agreement
The college is taking multiple preventative measures in accordance with guidance from local, state, and federal health authorities to promote a healthy and safe campus community in the face of the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
As a Bates College Admission visitor, you must abide by the following requirements:
Prior to arrival
Do not come to campus if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. You will not be permitted to participate in any campus visit activities.
Under no circumstances may you come to campus if you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 during the previous 10 days.
While on campus
- You must register at the Office of Admission upon arrival.
- To join a student-led campus tour, all visitors must show proof of being either:
- Fully vaccinated and boosted at least 14 days prior to the visit. Proof of vaccination may be provided as a digital image or hard copy of vaccine card. Visitors may wish to use CLEAR Health Pass, a smartphone app that securely connects your verified identity with a digital vaccine validation.
- OR having tested negative for COVID-19 (PCR, rapid antigen, or at-home) within the previous 48 hours.
- Individuals who cannot provide these materials are welcome to conduct a masked self-guided campus tour outside.
- All visitors must wear a medical-grade, non-cloth face mask when in a Bates building. If your mask(s) do not meet these requirements, masks will be provided. For more information on Bates College’s masking policy, please see our updated COVID-19 policies.
- We ask that all visitors leave campus directly after their tour has finished so that we can prepare to welcome the next group of visitors.
After your visit
- You must inform the Office of Admission if you or a member of your party tests positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of your visit to campus. This is a public health measure and will not influence the admission process.
- While we conduct tours in small groups, you will be notified by email if an individual who visited campus during your tour hour tests positive for COVID-19.