Bates Admission Visitor Agreement
The college is taking multiple preventative measures in accordance with guidance from local, state and federal health authorities to promote a healthy and safe campus community in the face of the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
As a Bates College Admission visitor, you must abide by the following requirements:
Prior to arrival
- Complete the COVID-19 Certificate of Compliance Form, which you will be emailed 24 hours prior to any scheduled campus visit.
- Please do not come to campus if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. You will not be permitted to participate in any campus visit activities.
- Under no circumstances may you come to campus if you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 during the previous 10 days.
While on campus
- You must register at the Office of Admission upon arrival.
- You are not permitted to enter any campus buildings.
- All visitors must wear a face mask indoors at all times, except in private spaces. For more information on Bates College’s masking policy, please see our updated COVID-19 policies.
- When outdoors, visitors who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear face coverings when able to maintain a six-foot distance from other parties. Some vaccinated visitors and admission staff may choose to continue wearing masks, and are welcome to do so. We are employing an honor code system and will not require proof of vaccination. Visitors who are not fully vaccinated must wear a face mask at all times.
- You must maintain a six-foot distance from all individuals other than those in your immediate family party with whom you are visiting.
- You must register your exit with the Office of Admission upon departure.
After your visit
- You must inform the Office of Admission if you or a member of your party tests positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of your visit to campus.
- While we conduct tours in small groups, you will be notified by email if an individual who visited campus during your tour hour tests positive for COVID-19.