We would like you to comment on the following:
- The student’s enthusiasm for Bates
- His / her activities and interests (academic and extracurricular)
- Leadership potential
- Other qualities – such as sense of humor, sense of self, seriousness of purpose, maturity, energy, personality
- Enthusiasm for life and for things beyond self
- How do you see the student contributing to the Bates community?
You do not need to recount the entire question-and-answer sequence. Your impressions, opinions and evaluation are extremely valuable. Be honest!
As of the Fall of 2011, we are using an interview report form located in the Garnet Gateway. This system will allow you to track the application and decision status for the students you interview. If you do not currently have a user ID and pin for Garnet Gateway, one will be sent to you. If you have lost your user ID and pin, please call the Bates Help Desk. For instructions on how to use Garnet Gateway, please see: Garnet Gateway Alumni Interview Report Directions.
The form below will be phased out over the coming year. In the meantime, please try to use the new form in Garnet Gateway.
The interview report is the written evaluation you provide the admission office, based on your conversation with the student. We encourage alumni interviewers to submit the report as soon as possible / within two days of the interview. Please note that the report has a 4,000 character maximum, including spaces. We will add the report immediately to the student’s correspondence file or application. All fields are required to be filled in before clicking submit (if unknown please enter unknown).