July 1-31, 2020
BatesServes, our annual day of service is going virtual in 2020! During the month of July, we encourage the Bates community continue our traditions of civic action and stewardship through virtual acts of kindness such as checking in with friends and family, making face masks for local nursing homes, helping neighbors, and more!
Share your photos and tell us about about the project performed in July.
There are many ways to connect and spread goodwill with and without technology. Some ideas for virtual engagement:
- Card/Letter writing to vulnerable communities
- Service members and veterans
- Elderly/isolated communities – Example: Love for the Elderly
- Hospitalized children
- Individuals with physical and emotional disabilities
- Expertise sharing via video chat or webinar (e.g. Skype, Zoom, Facebook live, FaceTime)
- Story or music time for children via recorded video or live platforms
- Document preparation for historical, legal, medical, financial needs.
- Visual storytelling similar to the TED talk format
- There are more links and activity recommendations in the FAQ page.