For Prospective Bates Students
The biology department is very pleased that you have taken time to check out our program as you consider Bates College among your options for your undergraduate education. Follow the links below to learn more about our major, the faculty and staff, and how you can become part of our community.
- Campus Visits – Arrange to talk to a biologist
- How to locate the Carnegie Science Building on campus: MAP
- Majoring in Biology at Bates: an overview
- Meet the people in the biology department
- Health Sciences Society “Club Med”
- Helicase Biology Club
- CURE Courses – Research-based introductory biology
- What courses are offered in biology?
- Can I get AP credit? AP bio credit policy
- Many ways you can gain experience as a student while on campus
- New Bonney Science Center to open in fall ’21
- Bates Admissions Office