Van Reservation Form
The Office of Campus Life has three vans that are available for recognized student groups to sign out. Two of these vans, one which can accommodate seven people and the other ten people, and are available for free for a maximum of five hours. In addition, there is a ten person van that can be reserved for $30 for five hours or $60 for a 24-hour block. Drivers must be van certified by Bates Security & Campus Safety to drive college owned or rented vehicles.
For alternate accommodations, U-Save by Larry Stewart’s gives Bates affiliates discounted rates on 12 passenger van rentals. Please note that to reserve U-Save vans, drivers must be van certified by Bates Security & Campus Safety. For more information please visit their website or call (207) 353-4133.
- Van Policies:
- Campus Life vans cannot be reserved for extended periods by any department, including for academic coursework and field trips. Similarly, we encourage student groups who are using these vans for overnight trips to place reservations 3 weeks in advance.
- Van 1 may be reserved for longer than five hours and has an associated fee of $30 for five hours or $60 for 24 hours.
- Vans 2 and 3 may not be checked out longer than five (5) hours and cannot be checked out beyond 2:00 am.
- CHECK VAN AVAILABILITY HERE
- If there isn’t a reservation listed, you may submit a reservation. Be advised, however, that the calendar is subject to change at the last minute and vans may be unavailable without a reservation listed.
- Potential Fees and Driver Responsibility:
- The driver and reserving party are responsible up to the $1000 insurance deductible in the case of collision damage. Failure to return the van on time will result in loss of van reserving privileges.
- Prior to returning please pick up any trash in the van and replenish the gas you use. Users of the van are responsible for their own gas and tolls. Vans are equipped with EZ Passes and if EZ Pass is used during your trip, tolls charges will be applied to your account. Be considerate of the next reservation and do not return the van with an empty tank. If a toll violation incurs, responsible parties will be charged for the toll along with the fee associated with the violation. Gas and toll costs can be submitted for reimbursement through your organization or department.
- Keys for the vans are picked up in the Security Office, and the vans are parked close to the Security building.
- VAN RESERVATIONS ARE PROCESSED MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10AM – 4PM. Reservations received outside these times will be processed the next class day. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours (during the week) prior to the time when the van is needed. Exceptions may be made in emergency situations.
- Reservation is not complete until receipt of confirmation from a Campus Life representative. Please contact the Office of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.