Vehicle Reservation Form
Bates College has two vans that are available for recognized student groups to sign out. Our two vans can accommodate eleven people. Van 2 is available for free for a maximum of five hours and van 1 can be reserved for $30 for five hours or $60 for a 24-hour block. Drivers must be van certified by Bates Security & Campus Safety to drive college owned or rented vehicles.
For alternate accommodations, U-Save by Larry Stewart’s gives Bates affiliates discounted rates on 12 passenger van rentals. Please note that to reserve U-Save vans, drivers must be van certified by Bates Security & Campus Safety. For more information please visit their website or call (207) 353-4133.
- Vehicle Policies:
- Bates College vehicles cannot be reserved for extended periods by any department, including for academic coursework and field trips. Similarly, we encourage student groups who are using van 1 for overnight trips to place reservations 3 weeks in advance.
- Van 1 may be reserved for $30 for up to 5 hours or $60 for up to 24 hours.
- Vans 2 may be reserved for free for a maximum of 5 hours.
- CHECK VEHICLE AVAILABILITY HERE
- If there isn’t a reservation listed, you may submit a reservation. Be advised, however, that the calendar is subject to change at the last minute and vehicles may be unavailable without a reservation listed.
- Potential Fees and Driver Responsibility:
- The driver and reserving party are responsible up to the $1000 insurance deductible in the case of collision damage. Failure to return the vehicle on time will result in loss of vehicle reserving privileges.
- Prior to returning please pick up any trash in the vehicle and replenish the gas you use. Users of the vehicles are responsible for their own gas and tolls. Vehicles are equipped with EZ Passes and if EZ Pass is used during your trip, tolls charges will be applied to your account. Be considerate of the next reservation and do not return the vehicle with an empty tank. If a toll violation incurs, responsible parties will be charged for the toll along with the fee associated with the violation. Gas and toll costs can be submitted for reimbursement through your organization or department.
- Keys for the vehicles are picked up in the Security Office, and the vehicles are parked close to the Security building.
- VEHICLE RESERVATIONS ARE PROCESSED MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 10AM – 4PM. Reservations received outside these times will be processed the next class day. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours (during the week) prior to the time when the vehicle is needed. Exceptions may be made in emergency situations.
- Reservation is not complete until receipt of confirmation is received. Please contact the Bates Transportation Coordinator, Kevin Plaisted firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.