2018 Continuing and Re-Applicants
If you gathered materials and started a medical studies file but did not apply through an application service nor complete the process of having your material sent to health professional schools, you are considered a new applicant. The procedure that you will follow will be the new applicant process.
If you previously applied to medical or dental school through the Medical Studies Committee, and did not gain admission, you are considered a re-applicant. Please follow the steps below for obtaining an updated committee letter. We will also work with you to assess your application’s strengths and weaknesses. The updated committee letter will include the steps that you have taken to become a more competitive applicant.
Process for Obtaining an Updated Committee Letter
The following must be submitted to James Smith via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Bates Career Development Center, Attn: James Smith, 146 Wood Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
- Re-Applicant Registration Packet (.doc, .pdf)
- Transcripts – if you have taken any new classes since you met with the committee, please provide an unofficial copy of that transcript.
- Resume – provide us with a copy of an updated resume.
- Brief Narrative – provide the Bates Medical Studies Committee with a narrative outlining your experiences since your first committee letter interview.
- Letters of Recommendation – if at all possible, letters of recommendation must be within the same year as the application. Please ask your letter writers to update the date and potentially the content of your letters. It will be helpful to them to receive a current resume and a narrative on what you have been doing since they wrote your letter.
Note: All letters of recommendation must have a release form which is signed and dated. Please make sure to supply a copy to your writer.