Physics and Astronomy
What Can I Do With a Major in Physics and Astronomy?
Physics, the study of space, time, matter, and energy, is a fundamental component of a liberal education. Introductory courses in physics and astronomy are designed to give students a broad background in the fundamentals of the discipline, an introduction to the logic and philosophy of science, and insight into the understanding and applications of contemporary physics and astrophysics.
-Bates Physics and Astronomy Department
- PhD Physics, Wesleyan University
- MS Physics: Northeastern, PhD University of South Florida
- PhD Applied Mathematics, University of North Carolina
- MS Computer Science, The College of William and Mary
- MBA, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
- Bachelors in Engineering, Masters in Engineering
- Management, Dartmouth College
- MBA, UPenn Wharton School of Management
- MS Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University
- Physics and Math Teacher, Keith Country Day School
- Analytical Chemistry Intern, LS9, Inc.
- Analyst, Strategy and Analysis, Digitas
- Software Engineer, Raytheon
- Lead Information Systems Engineer, The Mitre Corporation
- Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Senior Associate, AIR Worldwide
- Director of Project Management, ProService Hawaii
- Product Manager, Intuit Health
- Commodities Valuation Analyst, Morgan Stanley
- Production Engineering Intern, Argosy International
- Intern, Technical Arts Inc.
- Program Analyst, Environmental Protection Agency
- Intern, Bank of East Asia
- Research and Market Analysis Intern, Ziraat Investment and Securities
- Summer Intern, Tudor Investment Corporation
- Intern, Mindary International limited
Links for Further Research
- Bates Physics Department website: http://www.bates.edu/physics-astronomy/
- American Physical Society: http://www.aps.org/careers/