Other Resources for Internships and Jobs
Health Care Organizations/Websites
- Partners.org (Internship & jobs in Boston) – Select Advanced Search, then Internships/Co-op in Job Family drop down menu, then search. The job search is easier.
- Harvard-affiliated Hospitals and Research Institutes
- Hospital websites – go to Children’s Hospital Philadelphia, NYU Medical Center, etc.
- Public Health Jobs
- National Institute of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Explore Health Careers
- USAJOBS – Put internships in the search box on the left, don’t put anything in the location search box.
- Health Career Connection – 10 week paid summer internships in 7 regions of the U.S.
- National Science Foundation – The (NSF) is an independent federal agency which promotes the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare
- Pathways to Science – offers fantastic research opportunities such as AMGEN, SURF, MIT’s Summer Neuro program, etc.
- SHPEP– is a great program for First Years and Sophomores. Implemented at 12 program sites across the nation. Each site provides scholars with academic enrichment in the basic sciences and math, clinical experiences, career development activities, learning and study skills seminars, and a financial planning workshop.
- Idealist.org – Nonprofit website with volunteer, internship and job opportunities.
- Indeed.com – Indeed enables you to search jobs and internships posted on 1,000’s of websites. Employers also post jobs directly on Indeed.
Great websites thanks to our friends at RIT and U of R
- Minority/Under represented students – http://people.rit.edu/gtfsbi/Symp/mcoop.htm
- Neuroscience – http://people.rit.edu/~gtfsbi/Symp/Neuroscience.htm
- Psychology: http://apa.org/education/undergrad/research-opportunities.aspx
- Life Sciences – http://people.rit.edu/gtfsbi/Symp/summer.htm