How to Add an Event to Bates Engage
Bates Engage is synced up with the Event Management System (EMS). You must have a reserving group in EMS to submit a space request. To add an event to Bates Engage, follow these simple steps!
On Campus Events in Reservable Space
1) Navigate to events.bates.edu and log in.
2) If you are a faculty/staff member, select the long request form that allows marketing. Students only have one request form to choose from.
3) Fill out the space request form as usual. When you get to the “3 – Reservation Details” tab, in the “Additional Information” section, make sure that your answer to the question “Would you like this event included in Bates Today, on the Quad website, and in the Bates Engage app?” is yes.
4) Once your event is approved, it will appear in Bates Engage within 24 hours. Bates Engage currently syncs in events from EMS at 9:00pm each day.
- You can also submit events from within Bates Engage! Navigate to the Campus tab, then find “Add an Event” under “Resources.”
- Once your event appears in Bates Engage, if you are the Bates Engage group manager or officer, you can edit the event to include a picture!
- Bates Engage only syncs in from EMS – it doesn’t share changes made to events out to EMS. If you need to update important event details, such as the time or location, please make the edits from events.bates.edu. The changes will sync into Bates Engage within 24 hours. If a change is urgent (such as a late cancellation or location change due to weather), feel free to do so within Bates Engage, but notify Kelly Perreault in DCCE to ensure that she is aware of the change.
- We’re working on an easy way to add an event in a space that’s off-campus or not reservable. In the meantime, follow these steps:
- Log into the Bates Today dashboard.
- Scroll down to the “Events” section and select “My event will occur in a space that’s not reservable or off-campus,” then select “Create an event.”
- When filling out the form, ensure that the “Group/Department Responsible” field matches your EMS reserving group exactly. This will ensure that the event syncs into Bates Engage correctly.
- Once your event is approved, it will appear in Bates Engage within 24 hours. Bates Engage currently syncs in events from EMS at 9:00pm each day.
- To make changes to event details submitted in this way, login to the Bates Today dashboard, scroll down to the “Events” section, and find the event under “Your Forthcoming Events & Promotions.” Changes will sync into Bates Engage within 24 hours.