Club Renewal Process
The Club Renewal process occurs annually. Please find the timeline for the 2021-22 process below.
|Monday, February 1, 2021||Club Renewal Application opens|
|TBA||Club Renewal Orientation with Campus Life and the Budgets & Clubs Board
Come learn all about Club Renewal, including what you’ll need to fill out the application, what’s new this year, and how the Budgets & Clubs Board makes their decisions! This meeting is required for all clubs to send at least one member to attend. This orientation is being offered three times.
|Monday, March 8, 2021 @ 11:59pm||Club Renewal Application DUE for all clubs|
|TBD||Budget hearings take place with the BCSG Budgets & Clubs Board (BCB) for those clubs that applied for an initial allocation|
|Week of September 5, 2021||Fall allocation decisions are communicated to club leaders|
The following information is taken from the BCB Constitution. Please note the opening and closing dates are pushed back by one week this year:
- The Club Renewal Application will consist of the following elements:
- A complete roster of active members. Active membership is defined as continual participation in club meetings, events, programs, and other activities, and should be determined as participation in at least 51% of the club’s activities.
- Position-holders of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Community Liaison, and Secretary for the following year.
- Proxies for these position-holders may be accepted, if the club constitution stipulates that selection of these individuals does not occur until after the application is due.
- Use of current allocation from the beginning of the fiscal year to the time of application submission.
- Anticipated spending from the time of submission to the end of the fiscal year.
- Proposed budget for the following academic year.
- Other items as deemed necessary for proper budget allocation decision-making.
- The Club Renewal Application opens on February 1 or the closest business date thereafter. It is due the second Monday in March at 11:59pm.
- If a club is late in submitting their application without an extension from the Chair of BCB, that club shall have 10% deducted from their initial budget allocation.
- Club Renewal Application extensions are granted only by the Chair of BCB.
- After Club Renewal Applications have been received, BCB will review each application individually.
- Preliminary application review and budget hearings take place prior to the conclusion of Short Term in the academic year in which applications were submitted.
- On or about the first day of upperclass move-in for fall semester, the Office of Campus Life shares the previous academic year’s account data for each club with BCB. BCB uses this data to review the budget allocation requests in conjunction with the Checklist for Club Allocations.
- BCB finalizes allocation recommendations based on submitted materials and data provided by Campus Life. They submit these recommendations to Campus Life for advisement and review by the first Friday in September.
- Clubs that were newly recognized in the prior academic year may receive a maximum initial allocation of $250.
- Budget Hearings
- Budget allocation hearings take place prior to the conclusion of Short Term.
- BCB reviews with club leaders their expenditures for the previous academic year, their anticipated expenditures for the current academic year, and the club’s initial allocation for the current academic year.
- All BCB members should be present at each budget hearing.
- The hearing should function as a conversation between BCB and club leaders about the allocation. BCB members present should document the conversation and share notes with Campus Life.
- If a club fails to schedule or misses their hearing BCB is under no obligation to allocate funds.
- If a club is late by five minutes or more to their budget hearing, the club shall forfeit 5% of their initial budget allocation.
- Budget allocation decisions are sent to the officers on record of each club in the first full week of the fall semester.
- Clubs receive their initial budget allocation along with a detailed justification of funding allocated.
- Clubs that have not submitted a Club Renewal Application, or have no recorded transactions in their account for an entire academic year may be deemed inactive by BCB and Campus Life.
- A club deemed inactive has all funds currently in its account transferred to additional club funding and its account closed.
- A club deemed inactive may re-apply for club status after one full calendar year from the date of inactivation via the New Student Club Application.