The Collaboration Fund is designed to financially support two or more clubs and/or organizations wishing to come together and collaborate on an event or program.
The Collaboration Fund will support a broad range of events that clubs/organizations wish to create together. Money allocated from this fund may not be spent on alcohol. Please note that both Late at Bates , which provides funding for student-led programs that strengthen our community and campus culture, and Wind Down Weekends, which provides funding for events at which alcohol is served, may be applied to for the same event.
Any student club or student organization may apply for this funding. Please note that the Office of Campus Life recommends a minimum of two weeks’ planning time for events and programs in order to accommodate logistical needs as they arise.
When applying for Collaboration Funding, only one representative from all clubs/organizations involved need to fill out the form.
Applications will be reviewed by the Office of Campus Life based on the following criteria:
- Proposed event/program must be free and open to all.
- Proposed event/program must involve two or more clubs and/or organizations.
- If determined necessary for your proposed event/program, staffing availability.
- Other events/programs on campus on the proposed event/program date.
Once You’re Approved
You are responsible for:
- Ensuring the event/program location is reserved via events.bates.edu. The Collaboration Fund is a funding source, and does not function as space reservation. Only one member from any of the involved clubs/organizations sponsoring the event needs to reserve the space.
- Publicity for the event/program. All marketing materials, including but not limited to print, digital signage, and social media.
- Planning and running the event/program, including set-up and clean-up.
- If determined necessary, attending the T-30 meeting 30 minutes prior to the start of your event/program, at which important information will be shared regarding who is on site at your event/program, what their roles are, and the general event/program timeline.
- Completing the Event/Program Planner Evaluation Form after the event.
- Submitting any receipts needed to be reimbursed. Please review your approval email for more details.
Apply to the Collaboration Fund by submitting a Club/Org Additional Funding Application here.