Booking an Event

  • Insurance Requirements
    All contractors, vendors, service providers (including performers), or external groups wishing to conduct business/use facilities of Bates College are required to have their own insurance. This insurance is necessary to cover any claims or losses for which the contractor, vendor, service provider or external group may be responsible.
    Departments utilizing contractors, vendors, service providers or who oversee arrangements for external group must request a Certificate of Insurance prior to engaging the service, or the start of contract. The Certificate of Insurance must be for $ 1,000,000 and list Bates College as the additional insurer. A copy of the Certificate of Insurance must be sent to the Heather Taylor, in the Treasures Office, no later than 10 days prior to date of service or start of contract. Should you have any question please contact Heather at ext. 8339 or via e-mail at
    Should the contractor, vendor, service provider (including performers), or external group wishing to conduct business do not have the necessary insurance, they can purchase a TULIP (Tenant’s and User’s Liability Insurance Policy). This can be done on line or by contacting Brenda Pelletier in the Conference and Campus Events Office at ext. 6400 or at