Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please contact CAPS at (207) 786-6200 or email CAPS@bates.edu We schedule appointments from 9am-5pm ET, Monday through Friday, though please note we are closed for student appointments from 12pm-1:00pm ET.
If you are in crisis or have an emergent concern, please let us know and we will schedule you as soon as possible. Crisis or emergent concerns could be that:
- You are currently so distressed that you may be unable to keep yourself or others safe.
- You have a current plan to attempt suicide or to harm someone else.
- You have recently been physically or sexually assaulted.
- Someone close to you has died recently.
- You are having strange experiences such as hearing voices or seeing things that others do not.
- You have knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted.
- You have had a severe reaction to a psychiatric medication.
- You have witnessed a traumatic event within the last few days.
- You have been unable to attend classes because of severe depression or anxiety.
If you have an urgent need to speak to a counselor during the academic year, please call (207) 786-6200 and press 0 to be connected to our off-site crisis counseling service. This service is available 24/7 during the academic year.
Students wishing to see a counselor in the community may contact CAPS for a list of referrals. However, students will need to check with their insurance for coverage details regarding outside referrals.