Faculty Grant Information
Bates is committed to supporting faculty members who seek external funding to support their scholarship and teaching.
Áslaug Ásgeirsdóttir (firstname.lastname@example.org), director of faculty research and scholarship, leads our efforts to help faculty secure support for and advance their scholarship. She is assisted by the Committee on Faculty Scholarship, which develops policies to guide research funding. The Office for External Grants provides assistance to faculty members preparing grant proposals.
The Grants Advisory Group, convened by Professor Ásgeirsdóttir, includes colleagues from a number of administrative offices (Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, External Grants, and the Dean of the Faculty) who collaborate to streamline the application, management, and stewardship process for faculty applicants, and to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
The following links provide useful information for faculty developing external grants or seeking internal funding.
- External Grant Administration
- Salaries and Stipends
- Guidelines for Employing Student Researchers at Bates
- Budget Development for Federal Grants
- Extensions on Federal Grants
- Whom to see for what in grant management
- Bates Faculty Grants and Teaching Support
- Grant Application Safety List
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- ARRA Whistleblower Protection Notice
- Commitment to Openness in Intellectual Inquiry, Research and Education
- Export Control
- OMB Circular A-21
- OMB Circular A-110
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) – Research involving Human Subjects
- Research Ethics