Logistics of Isolation and Quarantine
What happens if a student in my class contracts COVID-19?
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 will be placed in isolation housing until they are cleared by Health Services to return to normal activities.
What happens if a student is identified as a close contact required to quarantine because they were a close contact (within six feet for 15 minutes or more) of a person that tests positive for COVID-19?
- Students who are a close contact of a person that tests positive for COVID-19 will self-quarantine until cleared by Health Services to return to normal activities.
Does being in class with a student who tests positive for COVID-19 mean that everyone present in the class has to quarantine?
- No. Since students and faculty in a classroom will be wearing a face covering and physically distancing, being in a class together does not in and of itself make classmates and the faculty member a close contact.
Will students in isolation (COVID-19 positive) or quarantine (close contact with a COVID-19 positive) continue with their coursework?
- Yes. Unless they are too ill to do so, students in isolation (COVID-19 positive) will continue their coursework remotely during their isolation. Students in quarantine will also continue their coursework remotely.
Will faculty be notified if a student is required to isolate or quarantine?
- Yes. Faculty will be notified that the student will be physically absent from class due to illness. This will be sent to faculty as an “illness” notification in BatesReach.