All new and returning students must complete the Fall Attendance Questionnaire by July 9, 2020.
Delivering What’s Most Important
Though the Bates dining experience will be different in 2020–21, we are committed to delivering various elements that are most important to our students: communal dining, local products, a robust menu, and the ability to personalize service, if needed, to deliver nutritional needs to individuals.
To achieve the important goal of opening this fall, we will reduce density in Commons in two ways:
- We will open the Gray Athletic Building for lunch and dinner (breakfast will only be in Commons).
- We will offer four time periods for meals. Prior to their arrival on campus, we will alert students to the opportunity to sign up online for their dining location and time.
Here are the other major points to know about dining:
- Students must swipe in and swipe out of dining facilities.
- Spaces will be arranged to create increased physical separation, specifically in the seating area.
- Traffic patterns, building flow, and waiting space indicators will assist with physical distancing.
- Faculty and staff, except those working with dining, will not have access to student dining spaces.
- Students may only eat in the facility and during the time for which they signed up.
- Students without face coverings (who do not have an accommodation) and/or Bates ID will be denied access to dining locations.
- Students must sanitize their hands when they enter a dining facility, after getting their meal (if dining in), and when leaving the dining facility.
- There will be no guest meals, and only Bates students will be allowed access to the dining facilities.
- We will use the Grubhub app to offer personalized service for individual needs and to provide support for any quarantine or isolation dining needs.
For More Information
For more information about Dining Services and the college’s reopening, see the Bates Dining website.