Parents Leadership Giving
The Mount David Society represents a group of Bates parents who have chosen to make leadership gifts that are commensurate with their passion for the college and their philanthropic capacity. Contributions from MDS members make an immediate impact on students by directly supporting priorities of The Bates Campaign, which include Driving Academic Excellence, Investing in Opportunity, Catalyzing Student Success, and Building Financial Sustainability.
I am pleased to report that in 2016–17, 175 MDS member families collectively raised $1.14 million of last year’s $1.4 million in total Parents Fund giving.
As chair of the Parents Fund, I invite you to join me in making the college a philanthropic priority in this first public year of The Bates Campaign. Whether you can make a commitment at the MDS level or above, your leadership gifts will have a meaningful impact on your child’s education and are vital to ensuring that we build a strong future for our students and for Bates.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Jeanmarie Hester Cooper ’85, P’19
Chair, Parents Fund
Parent Leadership Giving Levels and Benefits
Mount David Society
In recognition of this generous commitment, the college expresses its gratitude by offering:
- Special opportunities to meet and network with MDS members and Bates leaders on campus and at regional gatherings.
- Recognition in the college’s annual Report of Giving.
Parents Leadership Circle
In addition to the above, the college recognizes parents by offering:
- An invitation to participate in biannual conference calls with senior campus leaders
President’s Circle — Annual gifts of $10,000 or more
Sustainers Circle — Annual gifts of $25,000 or more
Benefactors Circle — Annual gifts of $50,000 or more
Founders Circle — Annual gifts of $100,000 or more
Donors at these levels place the college at the top of their philanthropic priorities. Their generosity helps ensure that Bates is at the forefront of the nation’s liberal arts colleges today, and moving forward. In addition to benefits offered to members of the Mount David Society and Parents Leadership Circle, donors at these higher levels receive:
- A copy of a book or selected academic reading chosen by President Spencer at the start of each academic year.
- An invitation to join an annual teleconference to hear insider updates on college priorities from President Clayton Spencer.
- The option to designate the gift to the MDS Scholars Program and receive a personalized thank you from a student who receives scholarship aid.
If you would like to have a conversation about Parents Leadership Circle programs and membership, please contact Stephanie Brady, director of parent giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-786-6488.