Weekend and After Hour COVID-19 Resources
If you have a medical emergency that requires immediate attention, please call Bates EMS to reach dispatch at 207-786-6111, or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
If you have a medical concern please access the after hour services below:
- To access the physician on-call at CMMC call BHS at 207-786-6199. You will receive a voicemail message that BHS is currently closed. Follow the prompts to speak with the physician on-call. When you begin speaking with the answering services, ask for the Family Medicine Residency and note that you are a Bates student and that Dr. Picard is the primary care provider.
- Access care at Maine Urgent Care in affiliation with CMMC at 685 Sabattus Street, Lewiston, ME. Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m daily.
- Access 24/7 emergency care by calling Bates Campus Safety or Bates EMS at 207-786-6111 or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please see the information below for after hours procedures, care, and testing:
- Wear your mask, limit your contacts, practice social distancing and good hand hygiene. Avoid spending time around others and remain in your room as much as possible.
- Call BHS on the next business day for consultation with a nurse.
- For COVID-19 testing when BHS is closed:
If you test positive for COVID-19 on an at-home test, take the following steps:
- Stay in your housing assignment and begin masking in all communal spaces (i.e. restrooms and kitchens). This includes if you live in a multiple occupancy room. Limit contacts with others.
- Email email@example.com with documentation of your positive test.
- If the test was an at-home test, please include (1) a photo of the test, (2) the type of test, (3) test expiration date, (4) the date and time of your test, (5) the number of minutes it took for the test to return a positive result, and (6) the best phone number to reach you.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you need grab and go meals. Do not eat meals in Commons, instead follow instructions provided by Dining Services.
Note: Bates Health Services will contact you with further illness restriction information on the next business day – you will not receive any additional information if you test positive for COVID-19 after hours or on weekends until business hours. Please be patient and remain in your housing assignment.
You can read more about the information you will receive when Bates Health Services opens here.
For transportation to medical appointments please call the Bobcat Express at 207-786-8300.
Additional After Hours Resources:
- Emergency Mental Health Counselor: 207-786-6200 and press “0”
- Lewiston Police: 207-784-6421 or 9-1-1
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Services (SAPARS): 24-hour Helpline: 1-877-527-8644
- Central Maine Medical Center (Emergency Room): 207-795-2200
- St. Mary’s Hospital (Emergency Room): 207-777-8120
- Tri-County Mental Health Crisis Services 24-hour Helpline: 207-783-4680