What can I do to help me remember my new password?
There are a number of things you can do:
- Write it Down
- It should be the only thing on the paper, do not include your username. When writing down a password you should obfuscate it in some fashion, such as adding characters to it or taking characters out so that someone who sees it will have a hard time guessing your password. Once you’ve written it down you should store it in a safe place like a locked drawer. After you have memorized your password you should destroy the paper so that the password only exists in your head.
- Type it Thirty (30) Tmes in a Row
- Typing your password thirty times will help you commit it to muscle memory.
- Chose Not to Have Applications Save your Password
- By choosing not to have applications save your password you will force yourself to type your password more often. This will improve your ability to remember your password.