How do I setup a Paw-Print Printer on a Mac (Students)?
To setup the Paw-Print and Paw-Print-Color Printers on your Mac (Students):
Note: If you are connected to the Bates Open SSID WiFi, you will not be able to access or print to the Paw-Print Printers, you must be connected to the Bates Secure SSID.
- Download the Paw-Print Printer Mac Installer
- Locate the BatesPawPrintInstaller.zip file and double click it to extract the Bates PawPrint.pkg file
- Locate and double click the Bates PawPrint.pkg
- On the Introduction window, click on the Continue button
- On the Destination Select window, select your Macintosh HD and then click on the Continue button
- On the Installation Type window, click on the Install button
- You will be prompted for your computer password (not your Bates username and password). Enter your computer password, then click on the Install Software button
- On the Summary window you will be notified that your installation was successful. Click on the Close button
- You can now print to the printers labeled PERU-Paw-Print and PERU-Paw-Print-Color
- The first time you print, a prompt will appear asking for your username and password
- In the username field type bcis\username (bcis\bbobcat) and your Bates Email/Network password in the password field
- Click the Remember this password in my keychain check box and click OK
Note: When your network password changes, you will need to update this password in your keychain, or you will not be able to print.