Ellucian® Banner – Create A Customized Personal Menu (IT Training Tip)

Ellucian® Banner or Banner INB (Internet Native Banner), is the college’s Administrative Information System or ERP. Banner INB enables the college to collectmanage, and store data that is important to the institution and its constituents. The Banner Administrative Information System can be accessed through the Banner INB Web Interfacethat is most commonly used by administrative offices or through the Banner Self-Service portal, known at Bates as the Garnet Gateway.

With so many forms available in Banner (Banner INB), it’s sometimes difficult to remember some of the names of the forms you access, especially the ones you use on an occasional basis. You can write down the form names on paper – but there is always the risk of losing it. You can create an electronic document with the forms names – but you may not remember where you saved it, especially during those times when you really need it.

Within the Banner application, each user can create their own personalized menu that can contain form namesjobsmenus, and QuickFlows right from within the Banner application. So why hunt around for a sheet of paper or an electronic document, when you can have your own custom menu directly from within Banner?

To Create Your Personalized Banner Menu – My Banner:

• Login to the Banner Administrative Information System
    • Once you have logged in successfully, you will be presented with the Banner General menu

• In the middle of the General menu, you will see two folder icons – My Banner and Banner. The My Banner Folder is the menu that is available for you to customize

To Access the My Banner Menu for Customization:

• From the Go To… menu, access the GUAPMNU Maintenance Form
    • This form contains three sections:
      • The left section lists the available formsjobsmenus, or QuickFlows that can be added to your personal menu
      • In the middle section of the form, you will see the buttons that are used to insert or to remove your selections
      • The right section lists the contents of your personal menu

To Add and Remove Menu Items to your My Banner Menu:Adding to Your Personal Menu:

• On the top-left of the My Banner Maintenance Form, you will see a drop-down menu labeled Type
  • Click on the drop-down menu and select the category of the items you would like to add to your My Banner menu
  • In the left sectionselect the names of the items you want to add to your My Banner menu by double-clicking on each item
  • In the middle sectionclick on the Insert button
  • Once you are finished building your My Banner menu, click on the Save button from the Toolbar menu to save your changes
  • Exit the My Banner Maintenance Form

Removing from Your Personal Menu:

• In the right sectionselect the names of the items you want to remove from your My Banner menu by double-clicking on each item
  • In the middle sectionclick on the Remove button
  • Once you are finished updating your My Banner menu, click on the Save button from the Toolbar menu to save your changes
  • Exit the My Banner Maintenance Form

Accessing your My Banner Menu:

• From the General menu, double-click on the My Banner Folder icon to expand or collapse your custom menu
  • To launch an item from your My Banner menu, simply double-click on the entry

Feedback?

Information collected through this form is covered by our website Privacy Policy.