How do provide access (delegate) to my Bates Gmail account to another individual?
In Bates Gmail, you can provide up to 25 individuals from within the Bates Community access to your Bates Gmail account.
Login to your Bates G Suite Account:
- On your computer, open your Bates Gmail account from within a web browser (Recommended: Google Chrome) and login
Providing Delegate Access:
- On the top-right, click on the Settings Gear
- From the drop-down menu, click on Settings
- From the Accounts tab, scroll-down to the Grant access to your account section
- Click on the Add another account link
- Enter the Bates email address of the individual you want to add
- Click on the Next Step button
- Click on the Send email to grant access button
- The individual you provided delegate access to will get an email asking them to confirm
- It may take up to 24 hours for you to see them as a delegate after they confirm
Note: The invitation expires after a week.
Delegates Can Perform the Following Actions to your Bates Gmail Account:
- Send and reply to emails that were sent to you
- When a delegate sends a message from your account, their email address will show
- For example, the sender will show as "sent by email@example.com."
- Read your email messages
- Delete your email messages
- View and add to your contacts