How do I update the Zoom Desktop Client (Microsoft Windows 10)?
Updating the Zoom Desktop Client (Microsoft Windows 10)
- Connect to the Bates VPN
- If you do not have access to the Bates VPN, please contact the Bates College IT Help Desk
- Click on your Start button
- From your Start Menu, click on any letter at the top of each alphabetical grouping (A, B, C, etc)
- From the alphabetical grid, click on the letter "M"
- In the "M" Group, look for Microsoft System Center
- Expand Microsoft System Center to reveal Software Center
- Click on Software Center
- Click on Device compliance in the left margin
- Click on the Check compliance button
- Click on Options in the left margin
- Click on the Computer maintenance header to expand that section
- Click on the Sync Policy button
- Note: It may take several minutes for the Application List to update in Software Center after clicking on the Check compliance and Sync Policy buttons.
- Click on Applications in the left margin
- From the Applications List in Software Center, click on Zoom 5
- Click on the Install button and follow the prompts
If you encounter any problems, please contact the IT Help Desk by submitting an online ticket request.
- Login using your Bates username and password
- Request Type: UserEntered -> Web Entered Ticket -> Zoom Support
- Enter a Ticket Subject
- Enter your Description
- Click on the Save button
- Logout by clicking on the green disconnect button located on the top-right the window