Duo/Banner 9 Overview and Training (BUG+)
48 Campus Ave
Lewiston, ME 04240
As a selected early adopter/Banner 9 Tester, during this hands-on workshop, you will become familiar with a new security process (Duo) for accessing Banner 9 and will be provided with a Banner 9 Overview and Navigational Introduction. Please note, registration is required.
This two-hour workshop is set up in two parts. During the first part, you will be introduced to the college’s new Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)/Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) process for accessing Banner 9, and you will have the opportunity to configure Duo for your use and set up your mobile device (if applicable) to use the Duo Mobile App. The second part of the workshop will focus on accessing Banner 9 for Testing and a high-level overview of some of the new and exciting changes will be provided. Such as Banner 9 now being web browser independent – no more need for specific versions of Internet Explorer and Java – you can now use your favorite browser of choice!!
In Addition, you will Learn the Following:
- Accessing Banner 9 with Duo MFA/2FA
- Updating your Duo Settings
- An Overview of the Banner 9 Landing Page (Main Menu)
- Explore the Clean/Fresh Look of Banner 9 Interface
- New Banner 9 Terminology
- How to Access and Navigate Forms (Pages)
- New Search Features
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Plus Much, Much, More!!
- Participants should be comfortable with utilizing a computer with Microsoft®Windows 7.
- Comfortable with using and navigating websites with a web browser (Google Chrome Preferred).
- Knowledge of your Bates username and password.
- If you will be using a SmartPhone/Mobile Device to authenticate with Duo, please bring your device with you, make sure your device is fully charged, and all updates are current and have been applied.
- Knowledge of your username and password for downloading Apps onto your mobile device.
- Knowledge of your seven-digit office telephone number, not just your extension.
Skill Level: All Skill Levels
Class Limit: 16