Information for Graduating Seniors – Class of 2021
As a graduating Senior, Information & Library Services would like to remind you of the following tasks that you should note and take care of before you graduate.
Access to your Bates G Suite Account, including your Bates Username and Password will Expire one year after you graduate on Wednesday, June 1st, 2022
There are several utilities available to you to assist with migrating your Bates G Suite account data to a Personal Google account.
- Utilize the Download your data option available from within the Privacy & personalization (Manage your data & personalization) section in the Manage your Google Account settings for your Bates G Suite Account. This is a free option that you can use to Transfer your Content or Download your data from your Bates G Suite account.
- VaultMe, is an easy-to-use pay option which you can use to copy, transfer, or back up your Bates G Suite Account into another G Suite Account.
- Update your email address on job and school applications, resumes, and notify family and friends with your new personal email address as soon as possible.
- Change your email address in services such as iTunes, Facebook, other social media sites, shopping websites, such as Amazon, and website subscriptions.
- Change of Address – Setup a Vacation Responder to automatically notify individuals who are trying to contact you of your new email address – you don’t want to miss any messages, especially from potential employers.
- Once your account is deleted, on Wednesday, June 1st, 2022 your vacation responder will no longer automatically reply to individuals who are trying to contact you.
- Forward New Messages – Setup Message Forwarding to automatically send any messages you receive at your Bates email address to another account. This way you don’t have to worry about logging into your Bates Gmail account to check email.
- Once your account is deleted, on Wednesday June 1st, 2022 message forwarding will no longer automatically forward messages to your personal email account.
Once your Bates Gmail account is deleted, individuals trying to contact you will receive a message that your account no longer exists and the message was not delivered.
Paris, ImagingCenter, ETNA and other Network Files
Be sure to copy/move all of your important documents and files that are stored on Bates Servers to your computer, Could Storage, or to an external Hard Drive. Your data may exist on servers such as Paris, ETNA, ImagingCenter, China, and EVO.
Uninstall/Remove any network printers you may have installed, such as PaperCat, PERU-Paw-Print, and PERU-Paw-Printer-Color.