System Status – G Suite
Problems with Accessing Bates G Suite Drive Files
Google is reporting problems with access to files on G Suite Drive. Individuals may receive an Error 500, Slow Response Times, and Server Errors when trying to access files from their G Suite Drive account.
Thursday, September 7, 2017 @ 10:53am
Thursday, September 7, 2017 @ 12:24pm
Google reports that problems with G Suite Drive have been resolved.
Additional information can be found from the G Suite Status Dashboard.
Google Docs Phishing Scam
Update (Wednesday, May 3, 2017 @ 4:19pm): Additional information about the Google Docs phishing scam can be found at TheVerge.com (Google Docs users hit with sophisticated phishing attack).
A phishing scam was launched against Google accounts this afternoon. To you, this will appear as an email message with the subject of: “XXXXX has shared a document on Google Docs with you” with a blue button to “Open in Docs”. DO NOT click on the button and DO NOT allow access to your Bates email account. We are currently looking into the resolution for those who have already clicked that button.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 @ 3:47pm
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 @ 6:16pm
If you clicked on the Open in Docs button, the following are the steps to take to make sure your Bates Google Account is secure.
- Change your Bates Network Password
- Using a web browser, navigate to: https://myaccount.google.com
- Click on the Sign-in & Security heading
- Scroll down to the Connected app & sites section
- Click on the SIGN IN link
- Enter your full Bates email address and click on Next
- Sign in with your Bates Username and Password
- If you see Google Docs listed in the Apps connected to your account, you will need to delete it.
- To Delete an App connected to your account, click on the MANAGE APPS link
- From your list of Managed Apps, click on Google Docs
- Click the REMOVE button
- Log out of the Google My Account website
- Check your Sent Mail in your Bates Gmail account and be sure that there is not any mail that you did not send or if you see anything unsusal. If there is, notify the IT Help Desk for further assistance
|Status Normal||Problems Detected||System Issues/Outage||System Maintenance|
Visit the G Suite Status Dashboard to view system statuses directly from Google
Problems with logging in to Bates Gmail and other G Suite Apps
We are currently investigating problems with logging in to Bates Gmail and other G Suite Applications.
Thursday, January 31, 2019 @ 8:29pm
Update – Thursday, January 31, 2019 @ 8:48pm
This issue has been moved to the Campus Network (Connectivity, WiFi, Server Issues) Status Page.