Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (SAVA)
Who She Is
firstname.lastname@example.org | 207-753-6996 | 96 Campus Ave, 209
Available: Regular business hours and by appointment
Lindy Magness serves as the Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (SAVA) as well as the Coordinator of Residence Life for Health Education. She provides support and advocacy for survivors of sexual violence, dating/domestic violence, stalking, sexual harassment, and other sexual misconduct. She also facilitates sexual violence prevention trainings. As a live-in staff member, she is responsible for supporting a team of Residence Life students. Lindy received her Bachelor’s degree in Education from Wheaton College. After graduating, Lindy worked in Residence Life and sexual violence prevention at Eastern Mennonite University, where she received her Master’s degree in Conflict Transformation from the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding, with her capstone work focusing on restorative responses to sexual harm.
If you wish to contact Lindy in her role as a member of the Residence Life & Health Education Team, feel free to use her personal email (email@example.com).
How She Can Help
Lindy can help you by:
- Listening to and supporting you;
- Connecting you with other resources, both on campus and off campus;
- Helping you file a report with the college or with local law enforcement;
- Explaining your rights and options under the Bates Equal Opportunity, Non-Discrimination, and Anti-Harassment Policy;
- Providing information about self-care;
- Helping you develop a safety plan; and
- Assisting you in navigating the medical and legal systems.