Frye Street Union Coordinator
- Ensure the programming space in FSU is utilized for at least one (1) program per week
- Programs can be of your own design or sponsored by another campus group
- Create, promote, and facilitate programs for your residents and the wider campus within FSU
- Connect regularly with FSU residents to maintain healthy and positive relationships
- Meet with the custodial staff, Environmental Health and Safety, and appropriate members of the Office of Residence Life and Health Education to discuss the well being of your residence
- Observe Bates community standards and uphold them within your First Year Center
- Fully participate in the fall (August) and winter (January) staff training events
- Attend weekly Tuesday lunch meetings (12:00 Noon) with the entire Residence Life Staff
- Help facilitate at least one (1) Residence Life Process including serving on a hiring committee, assisting with the general housing lottery, or helping to plan future staff training events
- For a detailed description of FSU Coordinator responsibilities see the FSU Coordinator Position Description
The goal of Junior Advisor/Residence Coordinator (JARC) programming is to offer residents a wide variety of exciting and engaging events within the residence hall, in the wider Bates campus, and in the surrounding community. Participating in these programs should help residents build a stronger connection with each other and create a positive climate within the residence.
Residence Life staff members will often plan small programs for their particular center or residence, but programs can also be run in conjunction with other staff members as part of a larger residential community. Residence Life staff members each have a small budget to help provide unique and relevant programs for their residents.
The Frye Street Union Coordinator is required to offer at least three (3) programs for their residents per semester, one (1) of which must fit an educational theme.