Residence Coordinator Team Leader/Community Leader
Note: Due to the responsibilities of the RC Team Leader and RC Community Leader positions, only applicants who have previously served as a Junior Advisor may apply for RC Team Leader, and only applicants who have previously served as a Residence Coordinator may apply for RC Community Leader.
- Act as a resource for Junior Advisors and residents in your area (RCTL) or for Residence Coordinators and upper-class residents (RCCL)
- Meet with Junior Advisors or Residence Coordinators, custodial staff, Environmental Health and Safety, and the appropriate members of the Office of Residence Life and Health Education to discuss the well being of residences
- Create and facilitate relevant and engaging programs for your residents
- Evaluate and provide feedback for the Junior Advisors working in your area (RCTL)
- Collaborate with Residence Coordinators to evaluate the needs of upper-class residences and seek creative solutions (RCCL)
- Attend Tuesday lunch meetings with the entire Residence Life staff and regularly connect with other JAs and RCs across campus
The goal of JARC programming is to offer residents a wide variety of exciting and engaging events within the residence hall, in the wider Bates campus, and in the surrounding community. Participating in these programs should help residents build a stronger connection with each other and create a positive climate within the residence.
Residence Life staff members will often plan small programs for their particular center or residence, but programs can also be run in conjunction with another staff member or as a larger staff group. Residence Life staff members each have a small budget to help provide unique and relevant programs for their residents.
RC Team Leaders and RC Community Leaders are required to offer at least three programs per semester, one (1) of which must fit an educational theme. In addition, RCTLs and RCCLs must conduct one (1) social late night program per semester.