Residence Coordinator Team Leader/Community Leader
Note: Due to the responsibilities of the RC Team Leader and RC Community Leader positions, only applicants who have previously served as a Junior Advisor will be considered for RC Team Leader, and only applicants who have previously served as a Residence Coordinator will be considered for RC Community Leader.
- Act as a resource for Junior Advisors (JAs) and residents in your area (RCTL) or for Residence Coordinators and upper-class residents (RCCL)
- Meet with JAs or RCs, custodial staff, Environmental Health and Safety, and the appropriate members of the Office of Residence Life and Health Education to discuss the well being of residences
- Create and facilitate relevant and engaging programs for your residents
- Evaluate and provide feedback for the JAs working in your area (RCTL)
- Collaborate with Residence Coordinators to evaluate the needs of upper-class residences and seek creative solutions (RCCL)
- Observe Bates community standards and uphold them within your residence
- Fully participate in the fall (August) and winter (January) staff training events
- Attend weekly Tuesday lunch meetings (12:00 Noon) with the entire Residence Life Staff
- Regularly connect with JA Teams (RCTL) or RC Communities (RCCL)
- Help facilitate at least one (1) Residence Life Process including serving on a hiring committee, assisting with the general housing lottery, or helping to plan future staff training events
- For a detailed description of RCTL and RCCL responsibilities see the RCTL Position Description and RCCL Position Description
The goal of Junior Advisor/Residence Coordinator (JARC) programming is to offer residents a wide variety of exciting and engaging events within the residence hall, in the wider Bates campus, and in the surrounding community. Participating in these programs should help residents build a stronger connection with each other and create a positive climate within the residence.
Residence Life staff members will often plan small programs for their particular center or residence, but programs can also be run in conjunction with other staff members as part of a larger residential community. Residence Life staff members each have a small budget to help provide unique and relevant programs for their residents.
RC Team Leaders and RC Community Leaders are required to offer at least two (2) programs per semester, one (1) of which must fit an educational theme. In addition, RCTLs and RCCLs must conduct one (1) social late night program per semester.