Annual Enrollment FAQs
Access a pdf file of the following Frequently Asked Questions regarding Online Enrollment
1) When can I enroll online? Online enrollment will open on Monday, November 6th and will end at midnight on Tuesday, November 21st.
2) How do I enroll online? Access is through the Garnet Gateway. Go to the “To Do” section of the main menu and click on the link to Annual Enrollment.
3) Can I start my enrollment and finish it later? Yes, you may start your enrollment and come back later to complete it. You will receive an email reminding you to complete your enrollment. Important – your enrollment elections will not be sent to Human Resources until you hit the Complete button.
4) Will there be training on how to enroll online? Yes, Human Resources will be presenting at department meetings, hosting several annual enrollment meetings. An open lab session will also be held at Libbey Forum.
5) What can I enroll in online? You may enroll in or make changes to your medical, dental and vision plans, the reimbursement accounts as well as the new Hospital Indemnity Plan.
6) How do I elect the Health Insurance Contribution Credit? You are eligible to receive the credit off the amount of your contribution to the Aetna PPO or Whole Health (ACO) Plans if your Household Adjusted Gross Income as listed on your 2016 income tax return is less than $60,000. Click on the Health Ins Contribution Credit option and click on the Add Choice button. You will receive an email reminding you to turn in your 2016 tax return to Human Resources or you can simply attach it to the Health Insurance Contribution Credit Form and submit it through the secure Docusign connection.
7) How do I indicate I will be applying for a higher level of Dependent Care Subsidy? Click on the Higher Dep Care Subsidy option and click on the Add Choice button. You will receive an email reminding you to turn in a Dependent Care Subsidy Form and your 2016 tax return to Human Resources or you can simply attach it to the Dependent Care Subsidy form when you submit it through the secure Docusign connection.
8) How do I change my Life Insurance? You must contact Human Resources and meet with either Ken Emerson (email@example.com x8271) or Brenda Sawyer (firstname.lastname@example.org x6176) to change your life insurance elections.
9) How do I change the dependents I cover under the plans? You may add or delete dependents covered under your medical and dental insurance by making the applicable coverage level elections (1)-You Only, (2)-You & Spouse, (3)-You & Child(ren), (4)-You, Spouse & Child(ren), (5)-You & Domestic Partner, (6)-You, Partner & Child(ren) and submitting a completed Enrollment/Coverage Change Form to Human Resources through the secure Docusign connection.
10) Will my current medical plan option carry forward into 2018? Yes, you current elections will carry forward into 2018. To change medical plan options you must first cancel your current election. then to enroll in a different coverage: 1) click on the Health & Dental Insurance Group; 2) click on your current election and choose cancel benefit; 3) click on the medical plan option you want to enroll in; 4) click on your level of coverage; 5) click on the Add Choice button.
11) I will be covered under the Aetna Consumer Choice (HSA) Plan do I also need to enroll in the Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP)? No,with you election of the Aetna Consumer Choice HSA plan you will automatically be enrolled in the Aetna Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP) at the same level of coverage. The premium will be deducted from your check on an after-tax basis but you will also receive a credit in your paycheck for the same amount. The HIP plan provides a $1,000 benefit should any member have an overnight stay in the hospital. You will receive an additional $100 for any additional day spent in the hospital or $200 a day in the ICU.
12) May I enroll in the Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP) if I am not covered under the HSA Plan? Yes, you may also elect the HIP if you are covered under the ACO or PPO or even if you opt out of the Bates medical plan. The premium will be deducted from your check on an after-tax basis. The HIP plan provides a $1,000 benefit should any covered member of your family have an overnight stay in the hospital. You will receive an additional $100 for any additional day spent in the hospital or $200 a day in the ICU. If you do not want to enroll in the HIP we ask that you elect to Opt Out of the HIP.
13) Will my dental plan election carry forward into 2018? Yes, your current election in the Standard Dental Plan will continue unless you stop it and instead choose the Premium Dental Plan option. To change dental plan options you must first cancel your current election. then to enroll in the Premium Dental Plan: 1) click on the Dental & Vision Insurance Group; 2) click on your current election and choose cancel benefit; 3) click on the Premium Dental Plan; 4) click on your level of coverage; 5) click on the Add Choice button.
14) How do I elect the GDI Debit Card for my Healthcare Reimbursement Account? Enter the healthcare and dependent care reimbursement account section of your online enrollment. Click on the Healthcare Reimbursement Account with Debit Card option and make your per pay period and annual contribution amount elections.
15) How do I view what my 2018 benefit elections will cost? When you enter the online enrollment system you have the option of “Confirm My Benefits“. This takes you to your 2018 Benefits Statement.
16) What if I want to change my elections after I have hit the “Complete” button and submitted my elections to Human Resources? You may make changes any time before the annual enrollment period closes on Tuesday, November 21st. Go back to the Garnet Gateway and select the option “Reopen online Enrollment” on the annual enrollment menu.