Community Health Charities of Maine
Your gift to Community Health Charities of Maine enables 22 statewide non-profit health agencies to continue their programs of vital health education, support groups, camps, equipment loans, advocacy and research.
Phone: (207) 799-4666
Web site: http://healthcharities.org/our-charity-partners/
EXAMPLES OF HOW YOUR GIFT MAKES A DIFFERENCE:
(based on 26 pay periods a year)
- $1 per pay period ($26 per year)
– Provides hand lenses for Hog Island Seaside Explorers children’s program on Maine Audubon’s Hog Island/Todd Wildlife Sanctuary off the coast of Bremen.(MS)
– Will provide one Multiple Sclerosis client scholarship to attend a 6-week aquatics class. (CHCM)
– Provides transportation for one person to substance abuse counseling services for a year. (UW)
- $2 per pay period ($52 per year)
– Sends a school team of four educators to an MAAE professional development seminar in arts education.(MS)
– provides approximately 920 pounds of food to a food bank or 21 (UW) hot meals delivered to a homebound elderly person.
-provides a child with 10 weeks of child care. (UW)