Paris: Network File Storage Macintosh Access
A. Macintosh OS 10.x:
- Select the Go menu
- Choose Connect to Server…
- In Address box
- type: smb://paris – IMPORTANT: replace afp with smb
- Click Connect
- Enter Bates username e.g. hpotter
- Enter Bates network password (abacus e-mail password)
- do not click check box!
- Click ok
B. Open the folder with your username:
- Double-click to see your folders to see files
- To access files, drag them to the Macintosh HD
- IN CAMPUS LABS NEVER USE THE DESKTOP!
- Double-click on the local copy to open it for editing
- Remember to save frequently while you are editing
- When you are finished with the file, drag the local copy back to the Paris window
NOTE: If you have made an afp shortcut icon to Paris, delete this one and replace it with the smb method of connecting.
C. BE SURE TO DISCONNECT FROM PARIS FROM A LAB COMPUTER:
- Drag the Paris folder to the Trash to disconnect, otherwise your Paris account remains open to anyone using that computer
Please be sure to examine the Paris Network Storage Advantages and Tips page.