Google Groups – Owners
Here is a list of common questions and resources for Google Groups. To access Google Groups, login to your email via http://email.bates.edu. Along the top, click on the Groups category. To administer your group, click on My groups and select a group that you own. At the main group screen, click on the Manage button in the upper right corner.
- Adding Members
- On the left menu, click All Members.
- Click Direct Add Members
- Enter all the email addresses you wish to add.
- Removing Members
- From the All Members screen, select the check boxes for the members to be removed from the list.
- Click the Actions button and select Remove from Group.
- Modifying a Member
- If you want to elevate or modify a members role, select them from the membership list and click Actions > Add to Role and select the appropriate roll. For more information on rolls, please see https://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=167094
- Message Archives – To turn on or off the ability to archive all group messages, click on the Information category along the left menu > Content Control and uncheck/check Archive Messages to the Group.