April 1-13 – campus-wide in-room restriction
The library provides copies of all required texts and films for course reserves. For Winter 2021, we provide various online and streaming options for this content. It is still all accessed through the Course Reserves section from the library homepage.
We will page library materials for you.
You can request all formats of Bates materials through the catalog from your dorm. We will pull it and send an email when it is ready for you to pickup “curbside” style from the Ladd front entrance. Bates material requesting uses the same process as requesting Colby and Bowdoin materials.
- Request specific items by searching CBBCat from the library homepage, click on the name of the title and, then click on “CBB Request” (right in the middle of the page).
- Bates books, DVDs and periodicals will be available for pick up within 24 hours after placing your request.
- Bowdoin and Colby materials take two or three days.
- If you need access to materials requested before the in-room restrictions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about Ladd Library’s Paging Service, please email email@example.com.
Please know that we have thousands of books and journal articles in electronic format that you can access anywhere. Please visit the Off-Campus Access to Library Resources for additional information.
I don’t have access to a computer…
All returns should be put in the book drops.
There are two book drops at the library.
- The first is located at the front entrance, in the glass wall just to the left of the doors. It is accessible from both inside the building and in the foyer.
- The second book drop is located outside at our shipping/receiving door (facing Hedge and Roger Willams). It’s a huge black book drop which somehow manages to visually disappear.