EBSCOhost Mobile App
Description: Conveniently search any of more than 50 EBSCO databases subscribed to by Bates College from your mobile device. The most important features provided from the EBSCOhost have been incorporated to provide convenient access to these resources when you are away from the Bates network.
Mobile Platform Availability
|OS Version Supported||Requires iOS 3.0 or later.||Requires Android 2.1 or later.|
Downloading and authorizing the EBSCOhost mobile app:
- Navigate to any of the EBSCO databases available to you through the Bates College library. For example, you might navigate to the PsycINFO database.
|QR code for navigation to PsycINFO||*|
- At the bottom of the PsycINFO search page, select the link titled “EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications”.
You will see a popup dialog box that looks like this:
Enter your Bates email address and select “Send”.
- Shortly after, you will receive an email message describing how download the appropriate version of the app (i.e. iOS or Android) and how to authenticate the app once installed. The message will look something like this:
Note that because the application is authenticated via a link in the confirmation email, you should read the email from the mobile device containing the app.
- Select the link appropriate for your mobile device (i.e. iTunes for iOS devices or Google Play for Android devices) and download the EBSCOhost mobile app to your device.
- Authenticate the app by selecting the authentication key.